To be a leading regulator for business excellence, transformation and economic empowerment in the diamond and precious metals sectors.
To render regulatory services by ensuring and promoting:
- Compliance with legislation;
- Skills development and knowledge sharing;
- Business development support and growth; and
- Equitable access to diamond and precious metals resources for local beneficiation.
To collaborate and facilitate the establishment of the State Bourse for South Africa.
SADPMR Strategic Objectives
To ensure competitiveness, sustainable development and job creation in the diamond and precious metals industry.
To ensure effective transformation of the diamond and precious metals sectors.
To ensure equitable access to resources for local beneficiation.
To ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
To improve organizational capacity for maximum execution for excellence.
- Time management
The South African Diamond and Precious Metals Regulator (SADPMR) was established by the Diamonds Act, 1986 as amended to implement the following legislation:
- Diamonds Act, 1986 (as amended)
- Precious Metals Act, 2005
- Diamond Export Levy Act, 2007 in collaboration with South African Revenue Services (SARS), and
- Diamond Export Levy (Administration) Act, 2007